My name’s Polly.
I’ve set this blog up specifically to chart my thrift shop finds, however it did kind of grow into my passion for crafts and upcycling. That word does make me laugh sometimes, after all as a child my parents upcycled all the time, and it was simply known as getting by!
So this blog is to chart my thrifty finds and following the rules below, as well as charting my upcycling finds and attempts.
There are rules I’m going to thrifty live by:
1) I am not to buy anything NEW unless essential e.g. underwear, food, drinks etc.
2) If I DO buy something new (ie: if I lose my nose-stud for example) then I have to donate at least 2 items to a charity shop
3) I can buy a new item as a present IF it’s handmade – however I MUST have tried to find something second-hand first
4) I will post photos and details about all my second hand goodness
5) I can buy second hand goods from charity shops, vintage shops, car boot sales, jumble sales, ebay and from friends – as well as swap at clothes swaps or get things from Freecycle.
I don’t think it will be too difficult.
I know lots of other people are doing things like this and I’m not trying to prove myself to be unique. This is just my own, personal attempt at doing it 🙂
Since I started this blog my life has changed dramatically. I’m now living a new life, with a new partner, a new job and a new flat.
Thankfully the new love in my life has even more of a ‘thrifty living’ ethic than I do and likes nothing more than finding bargains here there and everywhere. So we are now embarking on this second hand life together 🙂